- 1. Can I come in for lunch/dinner/event, if I am not a member?
- 2. What are the requirements to join?
- 3. Can women join?24.10.15More
Absolutely! The Benevelont and Protective Order of Elks and the Palm Coast Elks Lodge ("Florida's Friendliest") welcomes any gender.
- 4. How long does it take to join?24.10.15More
In most cases, it takes approximately 30-60 days from the time you submit your application.
- 5. How do I obtain an application to join?
- 6. Do You Wear Funny Hats?24.10.15More
New members are generally relieved (though some of us were chagrined) to learn that Elks do not wear hats with horns or antlers. Fred and his friends will have to soldier on alone.
- 7. Do the Elks Have Specific Political & Religious Aims?24.10.15More
Aside from a belief in some sort of supreme being, Elks have diverse views. We focus on what we have in common, not what divides us. In fact, our guidelines specify that "It is strictly forbidden to discuss religious or political matters, or engage in any business dealings within the walls of any Elks Lodge; hence strong differences in matters of faith, party polarization and commerce are left at the threshold, focusing instead upon those beliefs all members have in common."
- 8. How Much Does It Cost to Be an Elk?31.10.15More
Applying for membership has a one-time application cost of $50. Besides this application cost, you pay a pro-rated portion of your first year's annual dues. (A whole year's dues would be $85.00).
Have a question that is not answered above?
Whether you are thinking about joining, or have been a member for a while, you may have a question that is not answered above. We want to hear from you!